"So much of what I do is relationship based and driven by the nature of the partnerships I build with my clients. The more actively I listen, the better I understand my client's objectives. This is key to building trust and creating fair and reasonable resolutions that are at the crux of my practice."
Corey M. Shapiro, Esq., is known for skillfully representing clients in challenging family law matters. Corey's focus is on efficient, responsive and practical representation, whether it be within the context of negotiation, litigation or mediation. Corey has significant trial and appellate experience in New York’s Family, Supreme and Appellate Courts.
Corey is guided by these principles:
Think First; Talk Later. Corey thinks before he speaks. He uses his calm, quiet demeanor to be heard amid all of the noise and chaos. In fact, Corey has found that the most powerful lawyers are often the best listeners.
Focus on Depth. Corey seeks depth over breadth. He knows how to ask great questions and carefully listen to the answers.
Exude Calmness and be Prepared. Corey is trained in mediation. In times of crisis, he projects a reassuring, calm confidence. Whenever he appears at a deposition, in court, or a settlement meeting, the secret to his success can be summed up in one word: preparation.
- New York Bar Association, Family Law Section
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Association of Family and Conciliation Court
- Family and Divorce Mediation Council of Greater New York
- 2018 - Family Trial Practice Intensive Training at National Family Law Trial Institute, Houston, TX
- 2017 - Mediation Intensive Training at Center for Understanding in Conflict, Ossining, NY
- 2017 - Basic Divorce Mediation Training at Center for Mediation and Training, New York, NY
- National Alliance on Mental Illness of New York City
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Super Lawyers
- New York 2002
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York 2004
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York 2004
- J.D., Brooklyn Law School, 2000
- B.A., University of Redlands, 1996
- Wolfson, Carroll & Shapiro, Partner